Monday, May 9, 2011

Earth Day

On Earth Day my mom, my sister and I went out behind our house to the swamp area. We saw lots of trash because people always dump all their trash. There was Styrofoam in the water. That can affect the animals life cycle and their breeding. Animals such as: the river otters, falcons, Great Blue Heron, Canadian Geese, Ducks and many other animals, can swallow and choke on the Styrofoam.  The most common garbage I found was junk food wrappers and containers. The biggest culprit was Nestle; candy wrappers and water bottles. I also saw coffee cups, diapers, Mcdonalds, lots of paper.

We are trying to get a group of people to clean up in the Otter area. I am hoping that we can get 20 or more people monthly to clean up the area.

You could be helping and be a trash picker upper. If you are interested, please email me or leave a comment here.


No comments:

Post a Comment